(3:03 pm 3/25/20)
Healthcare workers, including dentists and members of the dental team, are considered “essential” under the State of Wisconsin “Safer at Home” order in place until Friday, April 24. The order is NOT a mandate to close dental offices – dental professionals remain available to provide emergency care to the public. That said, the order does supersede previously issued ADA and WDA recommended timelines for suspending non-emergency procedures. Wisconsin dental offices should continue limiting services to emergency treatment through April 24, unless the order is rescinded or changed.
Racine Dental Group has made the immediate decision to close our offices for non-emergency patient care through April 11th until further notice. We will be monitoring the government mandates and directives from our professional societies on a daily basis, and update our patients after continual review and analysis.
At Racine Dental, our number one priority is the care and well-being of patients, our employees and the community. We will continue to be available for emergency care to our patients Monday-Friday from 9am-3pm, and Saturday from 8-12 with rotating doctors and minimal staff to do our part to protect all involved. We have made this difficult decision based on recommendations from the American Dental Association, Wisconsin Dental Society, and the Center for Disease Control. At this time, all previously schedule appointments through April 11th will be cancelled.
Please know that during this difficult time we are taking every precaution to protect our patients and staff that do come in to the office. Patients will be screened when they come to the office, including but not limited to: temperature checks, applying sanitizer and gloves. Patients will also be asked to wait in their cars until their appointment time to minimize potential transmissions and contamination. Our staff will be escorting patients directly to treatment areas individually. We will be thoroughly disinfecting all enclosed treatment areas between each patient as always, as well as cleaning the common areas on the hour, including restrooms.
We will continue to monitor this situation closely and do we all we can to get our patients back in the office for all their dental needs when it’s deemed safe for all involved. Thank you for your continued patience and understand during this challenging time for our world, and we look forward to seeing you all here safe and healthy soon.
(2:11 pm 3/16/20)
At Racine Dental, our values and purpose revolve around care for our patients, associates and community. We have decided to take action in order to remain in alignment with the recommendations of the CDC. We will be limiting the number of staff members and patients inside the building as well as limiting the hours we will remain open. Any non-emergency appointment will be rescheduled at a later date. All emergency appointments will be seen. As these challenges continue to develop, we will continue to rely on the guidance and recommendations from the CDC.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding during this difficult time.
(10 am 3/16/20)
To our valued patients:
Your overall health and wellness has always been our highest priority. We appreciate the growing concern with COVID-19 within our communities. After evaluating the most current information and reviewing all published guidelines, we remain confident in our ability to provide dental care in a safe and healthy environment at Racine Dental Group. We are implementing the following additional precautions and recommendations to our patients and team members in light of COVID-19.
1. We recommend any patient stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
* Use your best judgment. If you are sick, we will help you reschedule. If you are uncertain, please call our office prior to your appointment.
* If you have any concerns about your appointment please don’t hesitate to ask.
2. We will maintain a clean and safe environment and continue to comply with OSHA and CDC infection control guidelines.
* We have standard protocols in place to disinfect all surfaces and patient contact areas. We sterilize or safely dispose of all instruments and products used during patient care. We utilize personal protective equipment (e.g. masks, gloves, safety glasses) to keep you and team members safe.
* We have reviewed the procedures for proper hand hygiene, reinforced their importance, and encouraged accountability between team members.
* We have expanded and increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection of all common areas and facilities.
* We have temporarily removed items that pose a risk for cross-contamination (e.g. magazines, toys, and books) from our common areas.
3. We support a healthy work environment for our employees.
* We have requested our team to not be present at our office if they are experiencing symptoms.
* We are closely monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization and the American Dental Association and will continue to seek guidance from these agencies and local public health officials. With new information, we will make the necessary adjustments to our operations and will keep you informed of any changes.
Thank you for your continued trust and confidence in the care you receive at Racine Dental Group. If you have questions or concerns, please get in touch. We’re in this together and here to help!
Dr. Aaron E. Cruthers